Material in freeze-dried form
Our material will be delivered in freeze-dried (lyophilized) form. Some of the advantages of our freeze-dried material are:
- Starting material (freeze-dried extract) is a ready to use powder.
- Adding buffer to the product
- Only filtering and analysis are necessary
- Further specific (in house) processing
- Better specification of product and intermediate product.
- Difference in starting material and your end product is minimized.
- A longer shelf life, approx 10 years with an exception for the venom’s which have a shelf life of approx. 5 years. You can use the material over a longer period of time.
- You can use the freeze-dried material to reach targeted dilutions to achieve specified protein per mL concentrations.
- Direct use of freeze-dried extract; production occurs without preservatives or buffer salts
- Easy reconstitution to reach target protein dilutions
- Stable during transport. Read more about the stability of freeze-dried products during transport on this page.
In short, weigh the amount you need, dissolve the freeze-dried extract in your buffer of choice and analyse your product. The released product can be used nearly immediately.