Our D. farinae house dust mites products are used by researchers all over the world. We have the D. farinae HDM available in different forms. The most popular form is the regular D. farinae extract but we can also deliver whole cultures, purified allergens (Der f 1/ Der f 2), excrements and mite bodies. In our production process we do not add any proteins. The only compound we use in our products which is not strictly from mites is the medium where the mites feed on. This medium contains an absolute low number of non-mite proteins. We try to cultivate the mites with the lowest amount of bacteria and moulds possible. All our house dust mite products contain the native proteins, with no denaturing treatments during production and purification.
Our main focus is the production of house dust mites (HDMs) and their allergens. Dermatophagoides farinae belongs to the Pyroglyphidae family. Dermatophagoides farinae is the second most important house dust mite (HDM) next to D. pteronyssinus.
- Extract Our HDM extract is our most popular product. Extracts are applied in in-vitro diagnostics tests and as standards or active substance in the research of asthma and allergy. Extracts are available in vials of 10 mg, 100 mg or 1 gram. On this page you can find an overview of the available extracts and their specifications.
- Whole culture A whole culture consist of all the material of the house dust mite cultivation. This means: mite bodies, eggs, larves, cultivation medium and the feaces. Whole culture contains all components which are also present within households. In real life, atopic patients respond to the whole culture of house dust mites. Citeq produces a controlled cultivation of house dust mites. Whole Cultures of Dermatophagoides farinae are mostly used as raw materials in the pharmaceutical production of vaccines and in vivo diagnostics. Available in vials of 1 gram.
- Der f 1 purified (≥ 95%) Approx. 900-1100 µg BCA per vial. Group 1 (Der f 1) allergens have a molecular weight of 25 kDa, as monomer, neutral slightly acidic, and polymorph proteins. Citeq can extract the Group 1 allergens with a purity of ≥ 98%. At least 70% of allergic individuals recognize group 1 allergens. These allergens are identified in a lot of house dust mites (HDM). The allergens can be conceded through the whole body, but are mostly present in the feacel pellets of the HDM. The major allergen Der f 1 is mostly used in in-vitro diagnostic tests and in allergy and asthma research.
- Der f 2 purified (≥ 95%) Approx. 100-300 µg BCA per vial. Group 2 (Der f 2) allergens are neutral to slightly basic and polymorph. Citeq can extract the Group 2 allergens with a purity of ≥ 98%. The majority of allergic individuals recognize the 14kDa non-glycosylated allergens. Group 2 allergens are identified in a large number of HDM’s compared to other allergens. Group 2 allergens are abundantly present within the mite body. The major allergen Der f 2 is mostly used in in-vitro diagnostic tests and in allergy and asthma research.
- Excrements House dust mite excrements are considered the main source of allergy. We deliver the D. farinae excrements in vials of 1 mg.
- Mite bodies The Mite bodies are produced by separating the living mites from the growth medium. This is done by physical separation methods. Our mite bodies are available in vials of 1 gram.
- HDM mix A mix of the D. farinae and D. pteronyssinus extract. Available in vials of 10 mg, 100 mg or 1 gram.
- Extract with a low level of endotoxin This is the same extract as our regular extract but with a low level of endotoxin.
Prices and ordering
You can add the product of choice to your quote request. Just choose the form you want and click on the “add to quote” button at the beginning of this page (no registration needed). We will contact you as soon as possible. Off course you can also send us an e-mail or give us a call.
Certificate of analysis
Each product will be delivered with a certificate of analysis. The certificate of analysis provides information, e.g. allergenic pattern, protein content (BCA and Bradford method), endotoxin level, protein pattern and protease activity. On this page you can find an an example of this certificate. If you want to receive a certificate of analysis before ordering please let us know. We shall send you the certificates of multiple batches so you can compare the batches and choose the batch that meets your requirements.
We understand that if you are using source material which is fulfilling your wishes you would like to receive the same material again for future projects. To provide material from the same batch over a longer period of time we produce large batches. This way we have we a lot of material available from a specific batch. You can even place a reservation for future orders.
HDM induced asthma models
Often we receive questions about house dust mite (HDM) induced asthma models. Which models are researchers using, which model do we recommend, what are the differences? To answer these questions we have contacted multiple research institutes all over the world and collected their models and background information. Click on this link for an overview of the available animal models.
We deliver our products worldwide. Are you interested in ordering our products? Please contact us for a quotation and the actual delivery costs. You can contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org, +31(0)50-3137464 or fill in our contact form.