Blomia tropicalis storage mite (whole culture)
The Blomia tropicalis storage mite belongs to the Glycyphagidae family. B. tropicalis is a storage mite, which is increasingly linked to allergy. Blomia tropicalis is significantly present in (sub)tropical geographic regions worldwide. Nevertheless, different species of Blomia, including Blomia tropicalis, have been described in countries with a temperate climate lately. B. tropicalis storage mites contains allergens which can induce respiratory allergies which is comparable to house dust mites. These respiratory allergies are already common in (sub)tropical geographic regions. Due to the spreading to a more temperate climate, B. tropicalis might become a more important factor in allergies worldwide in the future. Estimating the increase in numbers of B. tropicalis atopic humans.
We deliver Blomia tropicalis whole culture in the following vials:
- Whole culture (vial of 1gr) A whole culture consist of all the material of the storage mite cultivation. This means: mite bodies, eggs, larves, cultivation medium and the feaces. Whole culture contains all components which are also present in real life and this is exactly what atopic patients respond to. Citeq produces a controlled cultivation of storage mites.
- We also have B. tropicalis available in the following form: B. tropicalis extract of whole culture.
The advantages of our material
- Defined allergen source material, we deliver our material with extensive information about the amount of allergens in our material so you really can tell what you are using for your application.
- Large batches, we produce in large batches so we can deliver from the same batch over a longer period of time. This means you are assured of the same material and consistency. If you are using our material and you are satisfied with it you can even place a reservation of a specific lot so you will receive the same material in the future.
- Freeze-dried, our material will be delivered in freeze-dried form (lyophilization) to assure a long shelf life and can easily be used to reach targeted dilutions.
- No animal or human components, our mites are cultivated on defined media without any animal or human components.
Are you interested in this product?
You can add this product to your quote request. Just choose the form you want and click on the “add to quote” button at the beginning of this page (no registration needed). We will contact you as soon as possible. Off course you can also send us an e-mail or give us a call.(specific sizes can be delivered on request).