Blattella germanica (cockroach)
Blattella germanica, also known as the german cockroach, belongs to the Blattellidae family. B. germanica are the most widely spread urban pest. They life in all parts of the world, making the B. germanica a real cosmopolitan. The only threat for B. germanica are cold temperatures, therefore they mostly live indoor. The Blattella germanica contains, just like mites, allergens. These allergens are identified as one of the major indoor allergens inducing respiratory allergies. We can deliver B. germanica as an extract or as whole bodies. The German cockroach is about 16 mm in length and brown in color, with 2 dark longitudinal streaks on the protonotum. The female is slightly darker brown, with a broader rounded posterior.
We deliver Blattella germanica in the following forms:
- Whole bodies (vial of 1gr) Freeze dried whole body of a cockroach, crushed and sieved resulting in a light brown powder.
- Extract of whole bodies (vials of 10mg, 100mg or 1gr) Whole body extracted and dialysed to obtain a highly concentrated extract.
The advantages of our material
- Defined allergen source material, we deliver our material with extensive information about the amount of allergens in our material so you really can tell what you are using for your application.
- Large batches, we produce in large batches so we can deliver from the same batch over a longer period of time. This means you are assured of the same material and consistency. If you are using our material and you are satisfied with it you can even place a reservation of a specific lot so you will receive the same material in the future.
- Freeze-dried, our material will be delivered in freeze-dried form (lyophilization) to assure a long shelf life and can easily be used to reach targeted dilutions.
- Available in different sizes such as 10 mg, 100 mg and 1 gram (specific sizes can be delivered on request).
Are you interested in this product?
You can add this product to your quote request. Just choose the form you want and click on the “add to quote” button at the beginning of this page (no registration needed). We will contact you as soon as possible. Off course you can also send us an e-mail or give us a call.(specific sizes can be delivered on request).