Model 3: Acute sensitization/ challenge model (17 days)
- Description: Sensitized with HDM by intranasal administration on day 0, followed by intranasal challenge at days 14, 15, 16 and 17. Mice were sacrificed 3 hours after the last challenge.
- Duration: 17 days.
- Attributes: Acute sensitisation/ challenge model.
- Endpoints: Total and differential cell count in the BALF/Lung.
- Material used: D. pteronyssinus extract from Citeq
Mice sensitized and challenged with HDM have an neutrophilic and eosinophilic response in both Lung and BALF. Treatment with HDM induces T cell (CD4+ and CD8+) and B cell response in both Lung and BALF.
All allergic asthma models
- Acute inflammatory model (7 days)
- Acute sensitization/ challenge model (14 days)
- Acute sensitization/ challenge model (17 days)
- Acute challenge model (21 days)
- New HDM (immuno)therapy testing (45 days)
- Sensitization/ challenge model (60 days)