Model 1: Acute inflammatory model (7 days)
- Description: Challenged with HDM by intranasal administration on days 2, 4, 6. Mice were sacrificed 24 hours after the last challenge.
- Duration: 7 days.
- Attributes: Acute inflammatory model.
- Endpoints: Total and differential cell count in the BALF/Lung.
- Material used: D. pteronyssinus extract from Citeq
Mice also received 1A8 (neutrophil depleting antibody) or 2A3 (control antibody).
The Citeq HDM extract induces a strong inflammatory response with a larger neutrophilic component than previously observed using the X extract. At 1A8 (neutrophil depleting antibody) dose previously optimized neutrophils induced by Citeq HDM extract are inhibited but not blocked.
All allergic asthma models
- Acute inflammatory model (7 days)
- Acute sensitization/ challenge model (14 days)
- Acute sensitization/ challenge model (17 days)
- Acute challenge model (21 days)
- New HDM (immuno)therapy testing (45 days)
- Sensitization/ challenge model (60 days)