Model 4: Acute challenge model (21 days)
- Description: Challenged with HDM by intranasal administration on days 2, 4, 6, 9, 11, 13, 16,18,20. Mice were sacrificed 24 hours after the last challenge.
- Duration: 21 days
- Attributes: Acute challenge model
- Endpoints: Airway hyper-reactivity and detailed lung mechanics; flexiVent™. Histopathology and immunohistochemistry. Total and differential cell count in the BALF/Lung.
- Material used: D. pteronyssinus extract from Citeq
Increase in airway resistance and decrease in airway compliance is equal across different batches of Citeq HDM extracts.
HDM extract causes inflammation of the airway
Differential cells analysed by flow cytometry:
Botch batches of Citeq induce a response in alveolar macrophage (AM), eosinophil (E) and neutrophil (N) cells. Batch 15J01 induces a larger response in comparison to batch 15G10.
All allergic asthma models
- Acute inflammatory model (7 days)
- Acute sensitization/ challenge model (14 days)
- Acute sensitization/ challenge model (17 days)
- Acute challenge model (21 days)
- New HDM (immuno)therapy testing (45 days)
- Sensitization/ challenge model (60 days)