Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus house dust mite belongs to the Pyroglyphidae family. D. pteronyssinus is the most important house dust mite (HDM) due to the fact that this mite can be found all over the worldwide. 80% of atopic human respond to Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus allergens. It is revealed by IgE reactivity that 80-90% of the patients are sensitized to group 1 and 2 allergens of the Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus HDM.
Our specialty is the production of house dust mites (HDMs) and their allergens. Our strength lies in the control of the whole chain, from cultivation to purification. Our specialty starts with our cultivation medium which has an absolute low in foreign protein. Our cultivation technique leads to high concentrations of the major allergens, resulting in strong raw materials, extracts in several grades of purity, and very pure major allergens. All our house dust mite products contain the native proteins, with no denaturing treatments during production and purification.
We deliver D. pteronyssinus in the following forms:
- Whole culture (vial of 1gr) A whole culture consist of all the material of the house dust mite cultivation. This means: mite bodies, eggs, larves, cultivation medium and the feaces. Whole culture contains all components which are also present within households. In real life, atopic patients respond to the whole culture of house dust mites. Citeq produces a controlled cultivation of house dust mites. Whole Cultures of Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus are mostly used as raw materials in the pharmaceutical production of vaccines and in vivo diagnostics
- Der p 1 purified (≥ 98%) Approx. 400-500 µg BCA per vial. Group 1 (Der p 1) allergens have a molecular weight of 25 kDa, as monomer, neutral slightly acidic, and polymorph proteins. Citeq can extract the Group 1 allergens with a purity of ≥ 98%. At least 70% of allergic individuals recognize group 1 allergens. These allergens are identified in a lot of house dust mites (HDM). The allergens can be conceded through the whole body, but are mostly present in the feacel pellets of the HDM. The major allergen Der p 1 is mostly used in in-vitro diagnostic tests and in allergy and asthma research.
- Der p 2 purified (≥ 98%) Approx. 200-300 µg BCA per vial. Group 2 (Der p 2) allergens are neutral to slightly basic and polymorph. Citeq can extract the Group 2 allergens with a purity of ≥ 98%. The majority of allergic individuals recognize the 14kDa non-glycosylated allergens. Group 2 allergens are identified in a large number of HDM’s compared to other allergens. Group 2 allergens are abundantly present within the mite body. The major allergen Der p 2 is mostly used in in-vitro diagnostic tests and in allergy and asthma research.
- Extract of whole culture (vials of 10mg, 100mg or 1gr) Whole culture which is extracted. House dust mite extracts are applied in in-vitro diagnostics tests and as standards or active substance in the research of asthma and allergy.
- Extract of whole culture (micro vial 200 µg BCA)) We have small micro vials of freeze dried house dust mite extract available which we have developed especially for research groups. Each vial contains 200 µg protein (BCA) for the use in animal model testing. With these small vials you are assured of a fresh solution for each use and it will avoid the problems of freezing and thawing and other circumstances which could degrade the product.
The advantages of our material
- Defined allergen source material, we deliver our material with extensive information about the amount of allergens in our material so you really can tell what you are using for your application. Click here for an example of the certificate of analysis that will be delivered with our products.
- Large batches, we produce in large batches so we can deliver from the same batch over a longer period of time. This means you are assured of the same material and consistency. If you are using our material and you are satisfied with it you can even place a reservation of a specific lot so you will receive the same material in the future.
- Freeze-dried, our material will be delivered in freeze-dried form (lyophilization) to assure a long shelf life and can easily be used to reach targeted dilutions.
- Available in different sizes such as 10 mg, 100 mg and 1 gram (specific sizes can be delivered on request).
- No animal or human components, our mites are cultivated on defined media without any animal or human components.
Are you interested in this product?
You can add this product to your quote request. Just choose the form you want and click on the “add to quote” button at the beginning of this page (no registration needed). We will contact you as soon as possible. Off course you can also send us an e-mail or give us a call.(specific sizes can be delivered on request).